January 17, 2012
Dear FAW families,
Our school is excited to participate in the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital® Math?A?Thon program again this year. Father Andrew White School has been participating in this wonderful program since 1988 and in that time we have donated almost $108,000! We know that once again our school will do an amazing job to assist with this important project.
Math?A?Thon is an educational program that teaches kids the importance of math while helping children with cancer and other deadly diseases. This year’s Math?A?Thon program will kick off today!
Here’s how it works:
1. Please fill out the Parent/guardian permission slip that is located at the bottom of the Sponsor Form envelopes. Return these to school by Tuesday, January 24.
2. Students ask family and friends to sponsor their participation in the program.
3. Each student receives a printed Funbook filled with math problems or they may go online to complete their Funbook. Students may do their own grade level or you may have them do the next grade level. Please note that if you go online you may do more than one grade level as your child is not limited to just their grade.
4. If your child will be completing the Funbook online you may register them at mathathon.org and begin immediately. If you have completed the Funbook online in the past, please register your child with a new username and password as the system is not set up to carry over year to year.
5. The printed Funbooks will be ordered and should arrive at the end of the month. At that time they will be sent home and those children can complete their books.
6. After completing the math problems, students collect pledges from their sponsors and return them to school to be sent in to St. Jude. All donations are due by February 14, 2012.
Through the Math?A?Thon program, you and your child make it possible for St. Jude to treat the world’s sickest children battling cancer and other deadly diseases, and they do it for free – no family ever pays
St. Jude for the care their child receives. Today, millions of children around the world are benefiting from 50 years of St. Jude discoveries. For additional information and to help your child use our online fundraising tool, please visit mathathon.org/students.
If you would like to opt out of the Math-a-Thon but would still like to make a donation that would be much appreciated. There are two ways to donate. You may send in a check payable to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital or you may go online to mathathon.org. Online you can donate through our school by clicking on the parents tab from the homepage, then entering our school name. This will take you to our school’s event page where you can make your donations and check on our school’s progress. We sincerely thank you all for your participation.
Here is the link for our school: