Being a volunteer at Father Andrew White School is both rewarding and FUN!! It is a great way to be involved in the Crusader community, meet other families, and stay involved with your student.
If you are a Service Scholarship family (reduced tuition in exchange for volunteering), there are a few required steps before volunteering at the school. Click HERE for a step by step guide. Once these steps are completed, join the FUN!!
Volunteer Scholarship Requirements –
– Each family must complete 35 volunteer hours between the Summer through the school year (volunteer hours are for Father Andrew White School related events/activities)
– Each family is responsible for recording your hours HERE
– Each family must volunteer at at least ONE of the three “major” fundraisers
1. The Crusader Cup (Golf Tournament) – Fall Season
2. The Italian Dinner/Brown Bag Auction – Winter Season
3. The Spring Social/Auction – Spring Season
– There will be a financial charge if the 35 hours are not completed by the end of the school year OR if the family did not volunteer for at least ONE of the three “major” fundraisers (listed above).
– Each family must generate $50 in profit for SCRIP which means each family must typically purchase $1,000 to $1,500 in gift cards face value. Please see our SCRIP webpage for more information and to learn how you can further reduce your tuition for the following year.
Please note: A family is able to guarantee their 35 hours by being an event committee coordinator/chair person or being a Board Member for the HSA.
Click HERE to access our Volunteer Opportunity Form
Click HERE to log your Volunteer Hours
Some of our Fundraisers/Events:
- The Crusader Cup (Major Event) – Enjoy our annual FAW golf tournament at Breton Bay Golf and Country Club. Volunteers are needed for sponsorships and day of the event.
- Fall Fun Day / Trunk or Treat – Come in costume, walk through the parking lot stopping at cars that have decorated trunks and receive candy. Volunteers are needed for planning, coordinating, and running the event.
- Fishing Derby – Participate in an organized competition for anglers that includes a series of events around a defined body of water at Gilbert Run Park. Volunteers are needed to coordinate derby and day of events.
- Butter Braids – Support FAW by purchasing the oh so popular and delicious braided by hand pastries. Volunteers are needed to set up, take orders and distribute butter braids.
- Poinsettias and Live Greenery Sale – Decorate your home for the holidays while supporting FAW. Volunteers are needed to take orders and distribute plants.
- White House Ornaments – Purchase the annual White House Ornament and support FAW at the same time. Volunteer to coordinate orders and distribution.
- WhooosReading – Enjoy a reading challenge for all students. Students are able to earn money for the school by logging in their reading titles and times. Volunteers are needed to register students in the system as well as reward students for met milestones.
- (Canceled in 2021 due to COVID) Thanksgiving Luncheon – Feast at a beloved tradition where we celebrate Thanksgiving with our Father Andrew White community. Volunteers are needed to work in the kitchen and help serve food.
- Santa’s Shop – Children are able to experience the joy of choosing their own Christmas presents for family members, friends, and pets. Volunteers are needed to assist students when shopping and to wrap the gifts.
- Cookies with Santa – Families enjoy snacks and crafts with a jolly visitor. Volunteers are needed to help decorate and set up the event.
- Italian Dinner (Major Event) – Skip cooking dinner and support FAW by attending the Italian Dinner – homemade meatballs, Brown Bag Auction and great company. Volunteers are needed to make meatballs and prepare and serve dinner.
- Brown Bag Auction (Major Event) – Purchase raffle tickets for your favorite fun themed bags (or baskets!!) donated by FAW families. Volunteers are needed to coordinate and collect baskets and organize for auction day.
- Pancake Drive Thru – Support FAW by grabbing breakfast to go. Volunteers are needed to organize, cook and distribute breakfast.
- FAW Tuition Raffle – Take your chances to win tuition for a year. Volunteers are needed to coordinate event and distribute tickets.
- FAW Fun Run – Run with the FAW community to raise money for the school and receive a student-designed t-shirt and spirit sticker. Volunteers are needed to organize event and day of.
- Spring Auction / Gala (Major Event) – Plan to attend a fun, themed evening to enjoy live music and bidding competition. Volunteers are needed to organize event – set up, take down, sponsorships and donations.
- Ice Cream Social – Celebrate a fun way to end the school year enjoying ice cream and friendships (HSA board members traditionally coordinate).